Saturday, October 9, 2010

Antipasto

I was at an Arbonne party the other evening and the host served a bought Antipasto.  It was new to some of the other guests and while discussing the ingredients, I mentioned that I've made it myself in the past.  I was asked to share the recipe, so here it is.  I got it from my mom and not sure where she got it from.  It makes lots, but freezes well (not sure if you can can it unless perhaps in a pressure canner??).  We usually just eat it with crackers, but this time was served with cream cheese and crackers which was good too.  I'm also sure you can omit the fish, if that's not your thing (though it's not noticeable in the finished product), and add other veggies (ie beans) as long as they are finely chopped.

Antipasto
makes 6 c

1c cauliflower, finely chopped
1/2c pickled onions, chopped
1/4c oil
Put in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil over medium heat, simmer 10 min.

Add:
10oz mushroom pieces, drained and chopped
1 small green pepper, finely chopped
1/4c red peper, finely chopped (optional)
2 1/4c ketchup
12oz dill pickle (or sweet mixed), finely chopped, keep juice
3T pickle juice
Return to a boil, simmer 10 min, stirring often

Add:
7oz drained tuna
4oz tiny or broken shrimp, drained
Stir and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment