Thursday, August 23, 2012

Bread


Recently I was introduced to "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day".  I've tried to make bread in the past but it never turned out right, didn't rise like I expected it to and always tasted floury to me.  I thought about getting a bread maker, but thought it was a rather large and expensive appliance that only made one loaf of bread.  Well, I borrowed "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day" from the library since I was interested in making 100% whole wheat bread and tried a couple of the recipes, namely Traditional American-Style Honey Whole Wheat Bread, pg 80 (pictured above) and Soft Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread, pg 92  (pictured below as a loaf and buns), from which I also made Apple Strudel Bread, pg 277 (so yummy!).  Now I'm hooked!  It's so easy and the dough's so versatile!  From one dough recipe you can make bread, buns, flatbread, pizza, bagles etc since the dough is sitting in the fridge waiting to be used.  I loved it so much that I bought the book!  If you want to bake bread, give this a try!
Note: I made my loaves in a loaf pan, but most are free form on a stone or baking sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment