Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Japanese Chicken Salad

My sister brought this to a potluck that my mom hosted for their anniversary and her birthday while we were in BC. I forgot how good it was. The recipe was shared after it was served at a school dinner years ago. I made it last night for dinner, but didn't have green onions and it was not as tasty as the one my sister made. Some people don't cook the noodles first, but most find it tastier if you do. Hope you'll give it a try sometime this summer.


Japanese Chicken Salad

Combine in large bowl:
2c cubed cooked chicken
1 small white cabbage, shredded
2 packages instant noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained (ie Mr. Noodle)
2 green onions, chopped


In a small bowl combine and pour over the salad 3-4 hours before serving:
1/2c oil
3T vinegar
1T sugar
1/4t pepper
1 1/2T chicken mix (the 2 packages that came with the noodles)

Note: Tastes best if made the day before

No comments:

Post a Comment