Thursday, July 1, 2010

Carrot Sea Salad

We hosted a BBQ last weekend and I made Japanese Chicken Salad and this one and the participants requested that I pass the recipes onto them so I figured I would share them with my readers too.  As with the Japanese Chicken Salad, this too was from a school dinner and our family has been enjoying it ever since. If you don't like seafood, just omit it and it tastes great too.

 Carrot Sea Salad
Toss together and refrigerate:
2c (3 large) grated carrots
1c chopped celery
1/3c sliced green onions
1c mayonnaise
salt, pepper and season salt

Add just before serving:
2 4oz cans shrimp, drained and rinsed OR
1 6oz can of tuna
2c shoestring potato chips

Note: if you can't find shoestring potato chips, Hickory sticks can be used, just omit the seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment