Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

My SIL had a baby recently (#5 and her first girl!) so I brought her a meal and some chocolate chip cookies and she asked for the recipe. I like my chocolate chip cookies soft, not hard and that's what these are like, and because I make them with oat flour, they are quite thin too. Do ensure that they have cooled enough to harden before removing them from the cookie sheet or the middles will fall out on the cooling racks (but since the baker has to eat those is it really a problem???)

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sift together and set aside:
2 1/2c four (I use oat flour)
1t baking soda
1/2t salt

Beat together:
1/2c butter
1/2c shortening

Add and beat until fluffy:
1c packed brown sugar
1/2c white sugar

Add and beat well:
2 eggs
1 1/2t vanilla

Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended.

Stir in:
2c chocolate chips
1c walnuts

Drop from teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in 375 degree oven for 8-10 min or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment