Thursday, July 1, 2010

South Beach Muffin

Well, it's time again for my hubby and I to South Beach it.  The diet that is.  This will be the third time we've done it with a variety of results.  The first time we both lost a substantial amount of weight, but our diets weren't the best.  Now, since we try to eat better, it is harder to lose weight, but we both still lose some and it is good for curbing the postpartum carb cravings that I have and my hubby is willing to do it with me.  What makes it difficult this time is that the kids are eating those loved carbs and it's hard to not take a bite of their food, but we can do it.  So, in keeping with the South Beach Diet, I thought I would share with you some foods that I have been enjoying.

South Beach Muffin

They use Splenda, but I use 3 drops of liquid Stevia and cut the flax to 1T since 3 would be my nut allowance for the day.  Surprising good, fills in the the bread texture that you miss and it's not a plate of eggs!  I enjoyed it this morning for breakfast with a dish of plain yogurt sweetened with liquid stevia.

No comments:

Post a Comment